Riccal Trial, 8th May 2022
Event Regulation Summary
- Only one passenger aged over 16 may be carried on a vehicle during an observed section. This minimum age is reduced to 14 providing the vehicle is fitted with seat belts and either a manufacturers hard top, truck cab or a roll bar. The minimum age is further reduced to 12 where the vehicle is a road legal, mass produced production vehicle retaining the original hardtop or truck cab and where the seat belts comply with K2.1.1 (In a soft top vehicle without a roll bar the passenger must be at least 16) (P41.1.13).
- The passenger shall be properly seated, the seat backs shall be upright and the seats adequately fixed. All occupants must wear an approved seat belt at all times. No passenger to be carried in the rear of the vehicle.
- The same driver must drive throughout a competition and except with official approval, the people carried at the start of an event must not change during the event (P25.2).
- The starting order will be allocated by the clerk of course (D10.1.9).
- J5.20.4 Seat belts are mandatory
- P60.2.2 Towing points need not be painted in a contrasting colour
- P41.2.3 Competition numbers need not be displayed
- P56.6 The use of TUV Approved hub adapters/wheel spacers up to a maximum of 30mm depth are allowed
- P56.8.2 None OE Torque biasing and locked differential are permitted
- J5.20.5 Fixed cameras/videos carried on board a vehicle are subject to written approval of the Organisers and of the Chief Scrutineer
- J5.20.6 Vehicles of a commercial type are allowed
- J56.7.1 A spare wheel and tyre need not be carried
Signing on and scrutineering are going to be held at a car park very close to the trials site from 9.15 Sunday morning. All vehicles will be entering the site at 10am in convoy (if you’re late you won’t get in). Once on site there will be no vehicles leaving or entering the site before the trial has finished (apart from emergency vehicles which we aren’t going to need!!!!) so bring everything you need for the day.
The reason for this is we have to travel through a couple of fields containing a variety of livestock so don’t want any mishaps with gates etc…
The car park for scrutineering is approx 10 mins drive from the petrol station in Helmsley and is at SE613886 or YO62 5HH and here’s a map link