Haworth Trial, 10th September 2023
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to entering you should also make sure the driver and any passengers also “sign-on” using the online declaration:
This is a trials competition run for road going vehicles and is intended to be none damaging (RTV Trial). As with all our trials you should be able to drive to the trial, compete and drive home again afterwards. Further information on the types of event we run and vehicle requirements are available here…
Scrutineering starts at 9.00am, closing at 10am with the trial starting by 10.30am, please see the directions for location information.
This is a brand new site, not been used before and should offer an interesting mix of actions for all levels.
This event is being run under an MSA permit. Full SR’s for the event will be available to view on the day or can be supplied on request. An extract of the most relevant parts is given below. You will need to be a member of the YORC or an invited club to take part, you can join on the day. You will also need a Motorsport UK license, available for free from here…
- All drivers must produce a valid Club Membership Card at signing on and must hold a full, currently valid, R.T.A. Licence (Full UK Driving license).
- Only one passenger aged over 16 may be carried on a vehicle during an observed section. This minimum age is reduced to 14 providing the vehicle is fitted with seat belts and either a manufacturers hard top, truck cab or a roll bar. The minimum age is further reduced to 12 where the vehicle is a road legal, mass produced production vehicle retaining the original hardtop or truck cab and where the seat belts comply with K2.1.1 (In a soft top vehicle without a roll bar the passenger must be at least 16) (P41.1.13).
- The passenger shall be properly seated, the seat backs shall be upright and the seats adequately fixed. All occupants must wear an approved seat belt at all times. No passenger to be carried in the rear of the vehicle.
- The same driver must drive throughout a competition and except with official approval, the people carried at the start of an event must not change during the event (P25.2).
- The starting order will be allocated by the clerk of course (D10.1.9).
The following regulations are amended as stated
- J5.20.4 Seat belts are mandatory
- P60.2.2 Towing points need not be painted in a contrasting colour
- P41.2.3 Competition numbers need not be displayed
- P56.6 The use of TUV Approved hub adapters/wheel spacers up to a maximum of 30mm depth are allowed
- P56.8.2 None OE Torque biasing and locked differential are permitted
- J5.20.5 Fixed cameras/videos carried on board a vehicle are subject to written approval of the Organisers and of the Chief Scrutineer
- J5.20.6 Vehicles of a commercial type are allowed
- J56.7.1 A spare wheel and tyre need not be carried
Entries will be divided into classes based on wheel-base and suspension type.
Class 1: Leaf sprung under 100” wheel base
Class 2: Leaf sprung, 100” wheel base and over
Class 3: Coil Sprung under 100” wheel base
Class 4: Coil sprung, 100” wheel base and over
If you are unsure or need any clarification, please contact Dave or Matthew.
What3words is peroxide.foam.evening
Nearest Post Code BD22 8RS