Brotherton Trial, 17th October 2021
- All drivers must hold a valid Club Membership Card at ‘signing on’ and must hold a full a currently valid R.T.A. Licence.
- Only one passenger aged over 16 may be carried on a vehicle during an observed section. This minimum age is reduced to 14 providing the vehicle is fitted with seat belts and either a manufacturers hard top, truck cab or a roll bar. The minimum age is further reduced to 12 where the vehicle is a road legal, mass produced production vehicle retaining the original hardtop or truck cab and where the seat belts comply with K2.1.1 (In a soft top vehicle without a roll bar the passenger must be at least 16) (P41.1.13).
- The passenger shall be properly seated, the seat backs shall be upright and the seats adequately fixed. All occupants must wear an approved seat belt at all times. No passenger to be carried in the rear of the vehicle.
- The same driver must drive throughout a competition and except with official approval, the people carried at the start of an event must not change during the event (P25.2).
- The starting order will be allocated by the clerk of course (D10.1.9).
- J5.20.4 Seat belts are mandatory
- P60.2.2 Towing points need not be painted in a contrasting colour
- P41.2.3 Competition numbers need not be displayed
- P56.6 The use of TUV Approved hub adapters/wheel spacers up to a maximum of 30mm depth are allowed
- P56.8.2 None OE Torque biasing and locked differential are permitted
- J5.20.5 Fixed cameras/videos carried on board a vehicle are subject to written approval of the Organisers and of the Chief Scrutineer
- J5.20.6 Vehicles of a commercial type are allowed
- J56.7.1 A spare wheel and tyre need not be carried
Nearest post code is WF11 9EX
Grid Ref SE 481 264
The simplest way to find the site is from the Ferrybridge Services off the M62 (Jct 33). From the roundabout the services are on take the northbound exit onto the old A1, follow the old A1 north until it changes to a single carriageway, the site is on the right shortly after that point.
From the north you can exit the A1(M) at Jct 42, turn right at the first roundabout at the end of the sliproad, straight on at the second roundabout, left at the third and that brings you onto the old A1. Once you cross over the A1(M), go straight on at the next three roundabouts and the site will be next on your left, if you miss it and get onto the dual carriageway you’ll need to go all the way to Ferrybridge Services to turn around.