Club Forum

Dappy: My little yellow 90...........!

Create a topic for your vehicle here and let everyone know what you are doing/have done to/with it !
Gibbon
Full Name: Mike Hind

Dappy: My little yellow 90...........!

Postby Gibbon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Thought i'd take this opportunity to introduce myself and my 90 which I'll be teaming up with Mark, Dave and Kermit with on this years Muddy Truckers.

I've owned landrovers for years, learning to drive in a range rover 2 door, and having a 2 1/4 petrol S3 for my first car, I've recently owned quite a few 90's, 200's, 300's and V8 along with a '72 hybrid before finding this one. Before buying it, I was in the process of building a 100" tube frame challenge buggy, but preferred the shape and lines of the 90 and so went for this one when it was offered for sale, as I knew its history. It was fully rebuilt and 'battleproofed' by the House of Flying Spanners in 2010 to compete in the Ukraine Megahard (which it place 6th in TR1), since which the previous owner competed in a few competitions before selling it.

When it was built:

On the Ukraine Megahard 2010:

As it is now:

Spec
4 litre John Eales RV8 engine running full megasquirt
ARB front and rear, pegged 4.1's, full ashcrofts
Twin winches
Full cage and challenge front end
37" boggers on mach5 beadlocks
Battleweight with codriver - 1970kg (before mud!)

I'm just in the last throws of fettling it now for the Muddy Truckers Trophy which is in 2 weeks time, and have the slight matter of changing the autobox (4hp22) on it before then.
Keeper of Dappy - ex HOFS Megasquirted V8 90
& Flamin' Jake - 1970 VW baja bug

bandiflip
Full Name: phil johnson

Postby bandiflip » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:13 pm

Oh that's nice !!! YA. BARRED !!!! :twisted:
do you know the meaning of Nemesis ???

Return to “Member's Vehicles”