Club Forum

Rebuilding Pam's 90

Create a topic for your vehicle here and let everyone know what you are doing/have done to/with it !
pamw
Official
Full Name: Pam White

Postby pamw » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:13 pm

Not at all - just looked like a soft top Landie with the soft top off!

:roll: :wink:
Archaeology - my career in ruins !

bandiflip
Full Name: phil johnson

Postby bandiflip » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:52 pm

:D :D :D :D
do you know the meaning of Nemesis ???

davew
Chairman
Full Name: Dave White

Postby davew » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:03 pm

Lost most of the day working on my own motor and making a framework for transporting the roof. A loose panhard rod bracket turned into a bit of a saga when one of the bolts sheared and was seized solid in the bracket !

Anyway, after getting that sorted and making the framework we decided to put the hardtop sides on, both sides went on with a minimum of grief although the thick foam block that seals the sides to the tub was determined to go anywhere except where it was supposed to, tamed it in the end though.

Next up was the bonnet this went on easy enough with the rubber stops wound out full to avoid it touching the wings. As ii started to adjust it in though, kiwering the front, it was fouling on the top of the radiator reservoir. I had this same problem when I fitted the Puma bonnet to mine so hopefully the same solution - some spacers to move it inwards a bit - will sort it.

I built the passenger side door back up this week (after getting as much Dinitrol into the frames as I possibly could then letting them dry before bringing it in the house) so last job tonight was to pull the drivers side door off and I'll build that tonight. i probably won't fit them just yet as the windscreen man is coming on Monday to fit the new heated screen so having the doors off can only make his life a bit easier.

Must remember to take some pictures tomorrow !

davew
Chairman

Postby davew » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:58 pm

An early finish today, a bit of a rest before the final push :)

Fitted the seats and some of the floor mats as the first job this morning. It's really starting to look the business now. I'm using the same Britpart seats as I use in mine this time, finally ditching the Range Rover seats and they look the business.

I moved the radiator reservoir bottle across with some spacers and the bonnet now shuts without hitting it. With that done I made some further adjustment to the rubber stops then fitted and adjusted the pin. The later TD5 bonnet release is sooooo much better than the 300TDi style one ! The wing positioniing/strengthening bars need some adjustment now to even out teh bonnet gap but it's looking pretty good now.

I fitted the aerial to the wing and ran the two aerial leads to the radio. I cut some aluminium plate to give the underside of the wing some extra support. I'm using a combined DAB/FM aerial, the DAB connector was a real pain to get through the bulkhead grommet and then feed to the radio position.

Having closed up the dashboard I then remembered the microphone for the hands free also needs to run behind the dash... so I took it all apart again and ran that. By early afternoon I had the radio installed and the dashboard closed up for, hopefully, the last time !

As usual it's very difficult to get decent pics in such a confined space but to break up the wall of text a bit here's some of the better ones from today...

davew
Chairman

Postby davew » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:05 pm

This afternoon we put "operation collect the roof" into action. With a collection of straps, roof bars and bolts we set off to Maddison 4x4 to pick up the roof (after first checking Patrick was going to be there !)

The dummy run we did with the spare roof yeaterday meant we pretty much knew how it was going to work but I have to admit it was a relief to get it home in one piece.

For posterity, this is how we did it...

So with the front doors and roof ready to go on and, hopefully, a few days off work this week there's a vague possibility of an MOT in the not too distant future.

davew
Chairman

Postby davew » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:49 pm

The windscreen man came and did his thing today so another tick on the list.

We decided to take advantage of the remaining daylight when Pam came home and went out to put the roof on. There isn't enough room under the tent for the job so for the first time I got to drive the 90 out onto the driveway. Whilst it was out of cover I took the opportunity for a few pics...

[img]http:399:266]http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net/imagegallery/albums/userpics/10002/normal_IMG_1179.JPG[/img]

By the time we'd got the roof off my Land Rover, fitted the windscreen seals and got the roof sat in position with a few bolts to hold it in place it was almost dark but I managed to grab a couple of pics before putting it back in the tent...

olzook
Full Name: oliver heselton

Postby olzook » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:15 pm

Thats 8)

tecnick
Full Name: Nick Adams

Postby tecnick » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Looks great guys, a little more draughty than usual but I'm sure with all this talk of panel gaps and the like it will be better than the rest when its done.

Cheers Nick
If it ain't broke, I'd be bloody suprised.

Rod
Full Name: tony

Postby Rod » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:57 pm

Looks like one of those old willys JEEPS with no doors on Pam
Stercus fit !

tecnick
Full Name: Nick Adams

Postby tecnick » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:04 pm

:lol: :shock: :lol:

Cheers Nick
If it ain't broke, I'd be bloody suprised.

davew
Chairman

Postby davew » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:10 pm

Rod wrote:Looks like one of those old willys JEEPS with no doors on Pam

Quiet you or I'll post the pics of you watching Emmerdale that Liz posted :twisted:

Rod
Full Name: tony

Postby Rod » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:52 pm

black mail will get you every where, oh and have i told you how good the Landrover is looking
arse about face book has got a lot to answer for
Stercus fit !

Zedman
Full Name: Richard Bentley

So frickley in Pams landy or the Range Rover ?

Postby Zedman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Considering it takes me 4 days to make a bumper I suspect Frickley in Pams Landy is a long shot, any chance ?

Ohh and for the record I once had a Landy when I was a kid, learnt to drive in it )
Jeep wrangler / Defender owner
If its not rattling its more than likely fallen off !

Zedman
Full Name: Richard Bentley

Just noticed there is no winch on it ?

Postby Zedman » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:16 pm

I just noticed there is no winch on it ?

After the awsome rebuild how come you didnt build a winch into it or is this the work vehicle for pam to get to her ruins ?

If so how long will it need to get the other beast sat in the drive operational ?
Jeep wrangler / Defender owner

If its not rattling its more than likely fallen off !

davew
Chairman

Postby davew » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 pm

Pam's 90 is mainly for road use and may do the odd trial. There's a couple of weekends work to do on mine to get it ready for another trial.

There is a very very slim possibility we'll be at Frickley in the 90...

Return to “Member's Vehicles”