Club Forum

Project - Ultimate Kid Carrier

Create a topic for your vehicle here and let everyone know what you are doing/have done to/with it !
olzook
Full Name: oliver heselton

Project - Ultimate Kid Carrier

Postby olzook » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:57 pm

New project has commenced.

No one wanted the 90 so I am keeping it and its next transformation has begun :shock:

Truck cab is going to be replaced by a hard top with windows and forward facing rear seats.

New internal/external cage is arriving in the next few days to tie into the existing front hoop and tubular front end. The rear stays to accomodate the seats are removable (but are there in case I get any daft ideas).

So its going to be a lot more practical but retains all its goodies, ARBs, ashcroft bits, gwyn lewis bits etc etc. May even grow a winch again??

Should be done soon so will post up some piccies.

Oliver

bandiflip
Full Name: phil johnson

Postby bandiflip » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Yay !
do you know the meaning of Nemesis ???

Bo
Full Name: Scot Chegg

Postby Bo » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:31 pm

As a farther myself, can I make a few observations?
When kids are young, the cry all the time and when they aren’t there making a stink. As they turn in to teenagers, they don't want to be in the same space as a grown up and once they are 16 you don't ever see them or have a clue where they are until they need a lift or money.
My advice would be to leave it as a pickup but add a couple of lashing points in the back to secure a pram or pushchair, that way you can’t hear them cry or more importantly smell them. Then as they get older fit a bucket seat in the back with a harness and buy them a cagoule to stay dry and a Balaklava so "none of their mates see them with you", it’s what they’d want. Finally, with only one spare seat you can opt out of being the local taxi driver. :wink:
5/4 of people admit that they’re bad with fractions.

Rod
Full Name: tony

Postby Rod » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:02 pm

I would agree with Bo, but would forget about the bucket seat and use chains fixed to the lashing points

Im also a loving farther and I beleave I may not mentioned im also a grandfarther
Rod
Stercus fit !

tecnick
Full Name: Nick Adams

Postby tecnick » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Well done for sticking with the 90, I really regretted destroying two discos before going back to 90. They are a bit of a squish though. BTW I opted for rear facing fixed seats coz I am a miser and they were cheap on Phil's fave on line auction site. They seem to work very well for the mo.

Cheers Nick
If it ain't broke, I'd be bloody suprised.

olzook
Full Name: oliver heselton

Postby olzook » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Truck cab gone, cage gone, hard top on, rear door on, few other bits changed and improved, rear windows ready to fit, new cage comes tuesday, been a very busy day :wink:

Looks totally different, but very smart 8)

Photos soon.

Return to “Member's Vehicles”