Club Forum

Stuck Injector

Need to know what's broken and maybe how to fix it ? Post here
varleym
Full Name: Mark Varley

Stuck Injector

Postby varleym » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:17 pm

Managed to get three of the injectors removed from the head for reconditioning but the fourth is stuck tight. Trying the usual things - moving side to sode with a spanner on the flat with lots of WD40 but can only get a small amount of movement.

Looked on various forums and one idea seems to be to make a small slide-hammer from an old unjector union nut welded to a piece of round bar with something to slide up and down on it to act as the hammer before welding a stop on the end. Just wondered if anyone has done this before and might have one lying about in the garage?

Cheers

Mark

varleym
Full Name: Mark Varley

Postby varleym » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Quick update - managed to get it out but knackered the surface of the hole where the small banjo bolt screws in. Also, when I tried to take that one apart it took a 3 foot bar and it just rounded the corners off the nut on the bottom part of the body so it's well and truly sha**ed :roll: interestingly the other 3 injectors came apart no problems.

Anyway, going to invest in some new nozzles and will try to get another complete injector off t'bay. Suspect I may not be competing at Brotherton but if not I'll come and Marshall anyway.

Mark

Return to “Technical Info”